Friday, September 03, 2010

Star Trek: Unspoken Truth

Star Trek: Unspoken TruthStar Trek: Unspoken Truth by Margaret Wander Bonanno

My rating: 2 of 5 stars


I generally like this author's other Star Trek books (Probe and Strangers from the Sky especially); however, I was disappointed in this one. The two subplots didn't really fit together - to me they felt disjointed,- the characterization of Saavik was okay but didn't show me anything new about the character, and I didn't like Mikal at all. I re-watched Wrath of Khan during the same period as I was reading this book, and the exploration of character in that movie was so well-done- that's what I look for in a Star Trek novel and unfortunately didn't really find (with the exception of the portrayal of Sarek) here.



View all my reviews

No comments: